Tuesday, September 29, 2009

4/254: Dear Aletta,

Dear Aletta,

I don't even know if you remember me, but I babysat your kids once or twice this past year. I'm working on a blog project (for details, look at the site above).

You are a wonderful mom. I loved spending time with your kids. Johnny is so smart and sweet and he's not mean about it. I've been working at Wilson for over two years now, and most kids that are as smart as Johnny are rude and condescending about it. He is such a great kid.

Louisa is also wonderful. She's adorable and up for anything and is ridiculously polite, in the best way possible. I can't imagine her ever getting into an argument with anyone (although you may disagree?). She just has the sweetest disposition. I wish I was more like her!

And of course, Annie. What a cutie pie! I think she was a little scared of me at first, but once we watched enough Barbie movies, she was better.

The three of your children get along wonderfully, too. The couple of times I babysat for them, they were so well-behaved and they played well together.

Anyways - I know this is random and I hope you don't find it unsettling, but the project I'm working on is writing a letter to every person in my cell phone address book - and you're in there!

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with your kids. You and your husband (whose name escapes me at the moment) have done a wonderful job at raising them. I can only hope that I raise kids half as well as you did :)

Love,
Kaylen Hoffman

No comments: