Tuesday, September 8, 2009

2/254: Dear Aimee

[I've decided to not use fake names, except for some people.]

Dear Aimee,

I just wanted to take a second and tell you how much your friendship has meant to me over the last seven (SEVEN?!?!) years. We had so much fun in high school, goofing around and making jokes in Ms. V's class. I always felt safe at your side, because you were always so smiley and chipper.

There are a couple of things I need to tell you. First of all, I'm sorry I'm so flaky. I'm really good at making plans and being excited about doing those plans and then forgetting, having other things come up and forgetting about the previous plans, or just feeling cranky and pissy. But in all, know that I LOVE YOU and care about you and 110% enjoy spending time with you. And I am so sorry about this summer.

I also want to thank you for being so wonderful to me the last seven years. Whenever I was angry or cranky or unhappy, I could always depend on you to "turn the frown upside down". I can think of many times when Sr. Judy was being difficult and it got the best of me and I just caught your eyes from across the classroom and all you did was smile and shrug your shoulders. And that simple act made me feel so much better.

And lastly - I have always admired you. And been a bit jealous, honestly - but in a healthy way. You're gorgeous. You have the best smile. You are super-duper smart and you apply yourself ALL THE TIME - not just sometimes, but all the time. You are industrious and confident and have so many interests, and you go after those interests. Like your kick-boxing class this past summer? Awesome. I wish I would get myself together enough to be able to do things like that.

So, anyways. In short - you are a wonderful woman (that feels weird to say, but hey - that's what we are now, right?) and I am so fortunate to have you in my life. We've been though many good times and I can only hope that we will have more fond memories in the future.

So much love,
Kaylen

No comments: